Sunday 8 July 2012

Back to reality

Hello again! I am back. :)

I came back from Paris a week ago. I had a wonderful time with my dearest friend T. We have been very closed friends since we were little. Despite the distance, despite the different paths our lives have taken us, and long periods of absence, nothing has changed between us - our friendship, our love for each other remains the same. She is my confidant. She conforts me and she is always there for me. Most importantly, she makes me smile.
















T., merci pour ces jours merveilleux, pour me faire sourire, pour ton amour et ta amitié.

Shakespeare & Co.


007 - En Paris

I took her nose :)

Musée du Louvre


Montmartre

Marais

Musée du Louvre

The Panthéon

The days we spent in Paris were very pleasant, and did wonders for both of us. I came back home much more calm and relaxed, although very tired and in pain, as usual.

While in Paris, I missed Davide terribly. It felt so good to be back to him, to tell him all our parisien adventures, to know about his days while I was away, to cook for him, to talk and talk and talk, to hug him and feel his lovely smell, to look into his eyes... And in the end of the day, to fall asleep in his arms.

And then, when we least expected, I received a phone call from the Dental Hospital. My surgery has been anticipated. It is scheduled for July 16th, a little bit more than a week from now. Nine days from now...

With this sudden change of dates, our plan for the next few weeks had to be rearranged. The surgery coincides with Davide's PhD graduation ceremony and his parents first visit to Cardiff. Davide canceled the ceremony because of the surgery, and I feel terrible for that. His parents are still coming to spend a week with us. And because of the surgery, my mom is also coming.
So our little home sweet home will be full of people! I guess my days before the surgery will be great, with all the love and support I could ask for!

However, I am scared. Extremely scared, and extremely anxious. My life is about to change again. I just hope it will be for better, that this procedure will reduce my pain and bring my normal life back.

Hope - the only thing I have left.

_________________________________________________________________________________

On my next post I will explain all the details of my surgery, and with that, the missing part of my story (from my last post until the present date). From then onwards, I will be sharing all the details regarding my surgery, including the pre- and post-op.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I hope the surgery will help you. Don't be disappointed the first two weeks after the op as the pain will probably be the worst you ever had. But after two weeks everything will start to improve. All the best Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right, when you have this disorder,people don't understand. And with your case i understand why. You're really pretty, seriously. :) Davide is lucky to have you, (I'm a highschool girl, and don't roll that way but you're preety) :) I love your haircut and I wish you the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your surgery. I hope it provides some relief. Love your Paris pics. Sounds like a vacation was just what you needed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ana,
    Good luck, Your post has given me strenght. Im 36yr old teacher with TMJ and on zomorph and oromorph as tramadol doesn't work. I am so glad I am not the only one.
    Hope everything goes wellxx

    ReplyDelete